- Message Could Not Be Opened From Outbox Folder, Account: pop.example.com.
- MailAccount',Server:'smtp.example.com', Protocol:SMTP,Port:25,Secure(SSL):No, Error Number:0x800420cb
The most typical cause for this error is that the Outbox.dbx file has been corrupted. Try the following steps to fix the problem:
- Click the Tools menu
- Select Accounts
- Click on the Mail tab in the Internet Accounts window
- Check for duplicate mail accounts
- Remove all duplicate accounts by selecting them and clicking the Remove button, until there is only a single one left
If the problem is still present, renaming the Outbox.dbx file is the next step. This will permanently remove any messages in the Outbox folder in Outlook.
- Close Outlook Express
- Click on the Start button and choose Search or Find.
- Search for Outbox.dbx
- Right click on the file and choose Delete and confirm by clicking Yes
- Re-open Outlook Express and try again